The Online Scribblers platform includes courses especially designed for students in grades 3 to 12 with at least moderate keyboarding skills and an interest in improving their writing while exploring new fields.
Students in all grade levels will have a full week to complete work. All courses are asynchronous and presented in written format with easy to understand examples and text. There is no specific or required time to login or view lessons. This allows students to work at their own pace and around their own busy schedules.
Each weekly class includes individualized instructor feedback and critique as well as learning from other student responses. Most Online Scribblers classes will include the following segments:
- Journal: Students will complete a timed journaling activity to enhance their write-on-demand and self editing skills. The instructor will leave individual commentary as well as help the student develop personal writing goals for improvement and growth.
- Lesson Content with understanding check points: Students will progress through a written lesson with examples as well as check point questions to test their understanding as the lesson progresses. Students have the option to return to the lesson as many times as they need to grasp the concepts.
- Learning by Reading Lesson with understanding check points: Students who read good writing are more likely to develop good writing patterns and skills. Students will be directed to read well written work reflecting positive elements of the week's lesson. Comprehension questions will follow.
- Assignment: Students will complete a writing assignment which utilizes skills taught during the lesson content. This assignment will be critiqued by the instructor and feedback left.
- Opinion Forum: Students will be asked to provide feedback regarding their experience during the week's class. They might be asked to reflect on their inspiration, ideas or difficulties and share with the other students taking the class. This is a great way for students to interact with their peers and develop a writerly friendship.
- Glossary: A full glossary of terms pertinent to the week's lesson will be provided for easy reference by students.
- Weekly Quiz: Students will be asked to complete a quiz on the previous week's lesson as a way to keep information fresh and repetitive.
At the end of the 8 week session, students will receive a personalized course evaluation of their generalized and course specific writing skills stating proficiencies and areas for improvement.
Only $159 per class!